Saba J. Khan - Principal Lawyer
Saba brings a wealth of international experience to her practice of law. After having worked at a Magic Circle law firm in London, England, she practiced employment and human rights law at one of Canada’s top employment law firms where she successfully appeared before the Supreme Court of Canada in Matthews v. Ocean Nutrition, 2020 SCC 26.
As a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School’s Master of Laws program, Saba is an avid problem solver who prides herself in achieving exemplary results for her clients. With a proven track record of obtaining highly favourable settlements for clients, she is a skilled negotiator, especially when it comes to workplace disputes and severance packages.
Having had the advantage of representing employers and employees of all kinds, Saba is able to view the intricacies of employment matters from various angles and is able to assist in mitigating risks before they materialize.
Providing individualized care and attention to detail to each client and their matter from beginning to end is of high importance at our firm.
Saba prioritizes honesty, transparency, and strong communication by demystifying complex legal jargon. She believes that her job is to educate clients as much as it is to advocate and will always be available to answer any question, big or small.
In her personal time, Saba enjoys training in kickboxing, downhill skiing, and expanding her culinary repertoire.
REPRESENTATION & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- McLean v. Dynacast Ltd., 2019 ONSC 7146.
- Darzinskas v. Iam Yoga Inc., 2020 HRTO 562.
- Matthews v. Ocean Nutrition Canada Ltd., 2020 SCC 26.
Speaking Engagements & Other:
- Featured in “Secret Sauce for Success” Newsletter showcasing stories from women lawyers (Saba Khan’s Secret Sauce for Success)
- Panelist at The Canadian Virtual Employment Law Conference
- Speaker at Webinar for the Council of Agencies Serving South Asians (Topic: Legal and Financial Aid for South Asian Businesses and Business Owners)
- Speaker at Ontario Bar Associations CPD Program (Topic: Best Practices for Representing Marginalized Employment Law Clients)
- Speaker at Human Resources Professional Association’s Fall Conference (Topic: Bill 88 – Electronic Monitoring Policies)
Oksana L. Boyko - Paralegal & Law Clerk
Oksana is a dedicated Paralegal and Notary Public. She has spent the past six years building her expertise as a legal assistant in diverse fields such as personal injury, criminal, family, and employment law.
Oksana is committed to helping clients and colleagues navigate the complex legal landscape with a supportive and empathetic approach.
Outside of work, Oksana cherishes quality time with her family and friends and enjoys caring for her two horses.
WHAT WE DO?
Saba Khan Law is an employment and human rights law boutique firm that provides services to employers and employees requiring assistance across Ontario. We advise clients on all aspects of employment and human rights law with a key focus on efficiency and client service. To hear what clients have to say about our service, check out our “Testimonials” tab.